Below is the South x Southeast PhotoWorkshops registration form, and assumption of risk waiver form. Please read these carefully. You will be required to sign the forms, and state that you understand them completely, before attending our workshops. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright information may be found at the bottom of this page.
A link to Allianz Travel Insurance is at the bottom of this page, also. While we believe that Allianz is a reputable travel insurance company, South x Southeast PhotoWorkshops has no affiliation with them or any other travel insurance company. We recommend you purchase travel insurance to secure your investment.
SOUTH X SOUTHEAST PHOTO WORKSHOPS
P.O. BOX 6
MOLENA, GA. 30258
CITY, STATE AND ZIP CODE: EMAIL:
EMERGENCY CONTACT NAME AND PHONE:
To register for a SxSE Workshop please complete and return the following:
- Completed registration form
- Deposit of 50% or Full Fee if within 60 days of workshop
- Signed waiver
- Signed agreement to workshop termsRegistrations are processed in the order in which they are received. If a workshop fills up, registrants received after-the-fact will be notified that they are on the waiting list and their deposit checks will be held but not cashed. If paying by PayPal their deposit will be held in the SxSE PayPal Account. If a registered participant is unable to attend, the next photographer on the waiting list will be notified.DEPOSITA deposit of 50% of the workshop fee is required for registration. This fee is refundable upon cancellation up to 60 days prior to the workshop. The remaining balance must be paid 60 days prior to the workshop. Registrants who have not paid their remaining balance or made other arrangements by
that date forfeit their spot in the workshop which may be assigned to someone on the waiting list and also lose their deposit.
ENROLLMENT & ASSUMPTION OF RISK WAIVER NOTE: THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS INDEMNITY AND RELEASE PROVISIONS
This Enrollment & Assumption of Risk Waiver Agreement (this “Agreement”) is made and entered into effective the ___ day of _________, 20__ (the “Effective Date”), between SxSE Shop, LLC (collectively, “Provider”), and ______________________________, an individual whose address is ___________________________________ (“Participant”).
WHEREAS, Provider is offering photography workshops to the general public from time to time in various locations and Participant is desiring to enroll in the workshop titled “______________________________” (the “Workshop”),
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the execution and delivery of this Agreement, the other mutual premises and covenants contained herein and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, Participant and Provider, acting for themselves and their respective heirs, representatives, successors and assigns, hereby agree as follows:
1. Participant has been made fully aware that their presence and attendance at the Workshop entails a degree of risk, danger and physical exertion, including, without limitation, situations in which the Participant will may be (i) in close proximity to wild animals or (ii) required to utilize accommodations and transportation means not operated or maintained to standards common in the United States or (iii) exposed to weather conditions bordering on or including the extremes or (iv) required to transit on a vessel, possibly in the extreme polar regions and to transit to and from numerous landing areas via zodiac or other means from a vessel (including embarking and disembarking between a vessel and the zodiac). Participant knowingly and voluntarily accepts such risks and dangers as a condition precedent to its attendance at the Workshop.
2. PARTICIPANT WILL DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, WAIVE AND FOREVER RELEASE PROVIDER GROUP FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, SUITS, JUDGMENTS AND LIABILITIES OF EVERY KIND, (INCLUDING ALL EXPENSES OF LITIGATION, COURT COSTS AND REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) BROUGHT OR ASSERTED AGAINST PROVIDER GROUP BY ANY PARTY WHOMSOEVER, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR PARTICIPANT’S ATTENDANCE AT THE WORKSHOP DURING THE PERIOD, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM ANY CLAIM OF LOSS, DAMAGE, INJURY, ILLNESS OR DEATH (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE ARISING FROM, CONNECTED WITH OR RELATED TO (I) PERSONAL INJURY TO, BODILY INJURY TO, EMOTIONAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURY TO, PROPERTY OR WAGE LOSS, BENEFITS LOSS, OR ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PARTICIPANT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL COSTS AND EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH MEDICAL EVACUATION OF AND/OR EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES PROVIDED TO PARTICIPANT) OR (II) DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF ANY PROPERTY OR EQUIPMENT OF PARTICIPANT), IN EACH CASE, REGARDLESS OF WHO MAY BE AT FAULT OR OTHERWISE RESPONSIBLE OR ANY STATUTE, RULE OR THEORY OF LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THEORIES OF STRICT LIABILITY, AND
EVEN THOUGH THE SUBJECT LOSS, DAMAGE, INJURY, ILLNESS OR DEATH MAY HAVE BEEN CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY: (I) THE SOLE, CONCURRENT, ACTIVE OR PASSIVE NEGLIGENCE OF PROVIDER GROUP OR A THIRD PARTY; (II) THE UNSEAWORTHINESS OF A VESSEL CHARTERED BY OR ON BEHALF OF PROVIDER GROUP (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE QUEST); OR (III) A DEFECT IN THE PROPERTY OR EQUIPMENT OF PROVIDER GROUP OR ANY VESSEL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE QUEST) PROVIDED BY OR ON BEHALF OF PROVIDER GROUP, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE DEFECTS PRE- EXISTING THIS AGREEMENT. PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THIS PROVISION IS CONSPICUOUS.
As used in this Section 2, the term “Provider Group” shall mean: (a) Provider; (b) any of its successors and assigns; (c) general and limited partners and members of (a) and (b); (d) parents, subsidiaries and affiliates of (a), (b) and (c); (e) the members, partners, and joint venturers of (a), (b), (c) and (d) and any entities for whom it is performing services or with whom it has entered into other agreements; (f) other contractors and subcontractors of (a), (b), (c), (d) and (e); and (g) the agents, directors, officers, and employees of (a), (b), (c), (d), (e) and (f).
3. Participant represents and warrants to Provider, such representation and warranty being a material inducement to Provider agreeing to accept Participant’s registration for, and attendance at the Workshop: that it (i) fully understands and assumes the risks and dangers present with its attendance at the Workshop; (ii) fully understands that emergency and elective medical facilities and services may be unavailable or ineffective; (iii) has received and fully reviewed the itinerary and workshop description provided to Participant (or made available to Participant on any of Provider Group’s respective websites) for the Workshop for which it has registered and is physically capable of attending and participating in such Workshop; (iv) secured any and all insurance it deems necessary or prudent in connection with its attendance at such Workshop.
4. It is agreed that this Agreement and the Workshop descriptions and itineraries referenced in Section 3 above covers all the agreements between the Provider and Participant and that no representations or statements, verbal or written, have been made modifying, adding to, or changing the terms of this Agreement.
5. This Agreement shall apply to, inure to the benefit of and be binding upon and enforceable by and against the parties hereto and their respective successors, assigns, heirs, executors, administrators and legal representatives.
6. Provider and Participant agree that all disputes in any way relating to, arising under, connected with, or incident to this Agreement, shall be litigated, if at all, exclusively in the state and federal courts located in Thomaston, Georgia, and, if necessary, the corresponding appellate courts. Each party hereto waives any right to any transfer of venue or plea to the jurisdiction that might exist in the absence of this provision. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia. Participant and Provider waive the right to jury trial in the event of any litigation relating to this Agreement.
7. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Agreement, in no event shall Provider ever be liable to Participant for punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from, connected to or arising out of this Agreement or Participant’s attendance at, or participation in, the Workshop; provided, further, that Provider’s maximum liability to Participant is limited to the actual amount paid by Participant to Provider for the unique Workshop the
subject of the dispute; provided further, that in the event of unavailability of any vessel or other mode of transportation connected with the Workshop, for whatsoever reason, whether prior to the commencement of the Workshop or otherwise during the Workshop, Provider Group’s liability to Participant shall be further capped at the respective proportion of Participant’s Workshop attendance fee actually refunded to Provider by its provider.
8. If any term or other provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or incapable of being enforced by any rule of law or public policy, all other conditions and provisions of this Agreement shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect so long as the economic or legal substance of the transactions contemplated hereby are not affected in any adverse manner. Upon such determination that any term or other provision is invalid, illegal, or incapable of being enforced, the parties hereto shall negotiate in good faith to modify this Agreement so as to effect the original intent of the parties as closely as possible in an acceptable manner to the end that the transactions contemplated hereby are fulfilled to the extent possible.
9. Provider Group reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any participant, attendee or other in the Workshop, regardless of whether a deposit has been accepted or the Workshop has commenced and full payment have been made, should, in the sole and absolute discretion of any member of the Provider Group, such participant, attendee or other have impeded the operation of the trip or the rights, safety, welfare or enjoyment of other members of the trip. Refunds of any amounts paid to Provider Group (i) prior to departure for the Workshop shall be in accordance with the published policies of the Provider Group and (ii) after the departure for the Workshop, IF ANY, shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of Provider Group, it being agreed that removal from a workshop in progress may result in complete forfeiture of any amounts previously paid. Agreement to the forgoing terms and conditions is a condition precedent to enrollment in the Workshop..
10. Participant shall exercise reasonable care and diligence to prevent, and agrees not to take or cause, any actions or conditions which would result in a conflict with Provider’s best interests. Participant agrees to conduct itself with respect to Provider so as to maintain the reputation and business interests of Provider. Participant agrees for a period of two (2) years from the Effective Date, it will not directly or indirectly (or participate with or cause others to directly or indirectly) (i) become engaged in any business activities or enter into any business transactions, in each case, within a fifteen (15) mile radius of the location of the Workshop which are, directly or indirectly, related to Provider’s interests without first providing notice to Provider and obtaining its written consent and (ii) either directly or indirectly, for itself or on behalf of any other person, firm, partnership, corporation, or other entity hire, solicit, contract for, attempt to solicit, or cause to be solicited, (a) the services of any current or previous provider or supplier of services, venues, facilities and (b) any present or past participant in any Workshop attended by Participant, in each case, without the prior written consent of Provider; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT THE FOREGOING RESTRICTIONS SHALL NOT APPLY NOR IN ANY WAY PROHIBIT (IT BEING EXPRESSLY PERMITTED) PARTICIPANT (OR ANY FAMILY MEMBER OF PARTICIPANT) FROM ATTENDING THE WORKSHOP OF ANOTHER OR UTILIZING THE SERVICES OF ANY CURRENT OR PREVIOUS PROVIDER OR SUPPLIER OF SERVICES, VENUES OR FACILITIES SO LONG AS SUCH USE PERSONAL TO PARTICIPANT (OR ANY FAMILY MEMEBER AND IS NOT FOR FINANCIAL GAIN. Participant acknowledges and agrees that Provider, has, in reliance of this agreement, provided Participant access to locations and location information, suppliers and guides that, in each case, took a substantial amount of time and investment to acquire, develop and refine and that such are proprietary and confidential and the trade secret of Provider. Participant agrees that Provider’s
agreement to allow Participant to attend any Workshop is sufficient and adequate consideration for Participant entering into this Section 9. Participant agrees in the event of any breach of this Agreement, Provider would be irreparably and immediately harmed and could not be made whole by monetary damages. Accordingly, it is agreed that, in addition to any other remedy to which it may be entitled at law or in equity, Provider shall each be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief (without the posting of any bond or other security) to prevent breaches or threatened breaches of this Agreement and/or to compel specific performance of this Agreement, and that Participant, will not oppose the granting of such relief. Participant also agrees to reimburse Participant for all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred by the Provider in attempting to enforce the obligations of Participant hereunder. This Section 9 shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
11. Delivery of a signed copy of this Agreement by facsimile or email transmission shall be deemed to be delivery of this Agreement for all purposes and shall be deemed an original for all purposes.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Participant has caused this Enrollment & Assumption of Risk Waiver Agreement to be executed as of the date first above written.
RETURN THIS WAIVER TO:
P.O. Box 6
Molena, Ga. 30258
or a signed copy to:
All photographs are the property of the photographers, and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. No photographs or articles, in whole or portion, may be used or reproduced in any way or by any means without written authorization from the copyright holder. Requests for reproduction should be direct to the individual photographers or email@example.com.
The design, graphics, logo, and all other elements making up the layout of South x Southeast PhotoWorkshops are copyrighted by South x Southeast PhotoWorkshops, and may not be copied or reproduced without written authorization. Requests for use should be directed to the publisher at SXSE Photomagazine, firstname.lastname@example.org.